‘We have made contingency plans to ensure that our state programs that receive significant federal funding will operate as normal for the coming weeks,’ he said.
With a potential government shutdown looming, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine issued the following statement shortly before 2 p.m. Saturday:
I want to assure Ohioans that we have been monitoring the situation closely, and have been working to prepare for a potential shut down. We have made contingency plans to ensure that our state programs that receive significant federal funding will operate as normal for the coming weeks. This includes benefit programs such as WIC, SNAP, and TANF that provide food and other resources for Ohio families. Ohioans will have the benefits that they rely on.
However, as I said earlier in the week, I encourage the U.S. Congress to work toward a swift resolution.
Congress has until the clock strikes midnight to reach a deal before a shutdown would officially take effect Sunday.
“With no deal in place before Sunday, federal workers will face furloughs, more than 2 million active-duty and reserve military troops will work without pay and programs and services that Americans rely on from coast to coast will begin to face shutdown disruptions,” according to the Associated Press.
Source : Wkyc